Newborn Organic Cotton Diaper Setup Kit
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
This kit includes a FREE beautiful organic cotton Swaddle and a discount for an overall discount of 15%.
This kit is for diapers, wipes and a swaddle for newborn baby. It does not include the diaper covers. We recommend about 6 diaper covers to go over the diapers. Four covers is a get-by amount and 8 is really better than 6. Six covers is the common recommendation and it works fine. Again, diaper covers are not included.
Definition: The diaper is the absorbent part and the cover is the waterproof part that goes over the diaper.
This made of organic cotton kit includes:
- 1 dozen Newbie grey edge organic prefolds (Why this size? New babies are little, even 9 pound newborn babies are still newborn babies. This lighter weight size is great at first and if baby is early they are really nice to have. Fold down the front as needed and that helps keep the cover away from the cord stump. As the absorbency gets outgrown, keep using them by double-diapering, which means using 2 at once and they fit and work well for quite a while used in this way. Then later and all the way to potty learning these are your doublers so you don't need to buy doublers later on. They will be very useful for a long time. Plus, these work well as an all-natural and comfortable post-partum pad and later as a menstrual pad. Newbie prefolds are amazingly useful.)
- 2 dozen Newborn orange edge organic prefolds (Why these? They are the perfect newborn diaper for the first 4-6 weeks and this is the backbone of your newborn organic diaper stash.)
- 1 dozen Novice light green edge organic prefolds (Why these? This dozen ensures that you have enough diapers and you don't run out. New babies go through a lot of diapers in a day! Babies also grow quickly so when baby suddenly outgrows the newborn prefolds you have something that fits and you can get them on a new baby even though they'll be a bit big. Although newborn babies still get fed and changed during the night, sometimes babies do sleep a longer stretch and these diapers are bigger and more absorbent than the newborn orange edge so they are great for those times when you can go longer between changes.
- 1 individual Small yellow edge organic prefold (so you have both choices of the "small" sizes - novice green and small yellow - on hand so you can decide which ones you want to go with for your next size.
- 1 individual Intermediate blue edge organic prefold
- 1 individual Medium red edge organic prefold (so you have both choices of the "medium" sizes - intermediate blue and medium red - on hand so you can decide which ones suit your baby's growth pattern when the time comes.
- 1 individual Large brown edge organic prefold (this is your washable changing pad and it will become your overnight diaper next year)
- 3 packs Cloth-eez Muslin Wipes made of organic cotton, 12 wipes per pack which is 36 wipes. Some people might want to also buy a 4th pack separately.
- 1 FREE Cloth-eez Double Weave Muslin Swaddle Blanket and a free pair of Slide Lock pins in case you want to give pinning a try.
- Diaper covers are NOT Included. You will need about 6 of those. Go to the Diapers Covers page to choose yours.
The free 16 page GMD How-To Wash Diapers Booklet is also included and a set of FREE GMD Slide Lock Diaper Pins
If you just know that you want only organic cotton touching your baby's bottom, and you want to make sure you have enough and aren't going to run out too soon, this is the kit for you for a very nice setup for the newborn time. Can you get by with fewer diapers? Yes! But it's nice to enough to not worry about running out. New babies go through a lot of diapers every day!