Definition: The diaper is the absorbent part and the cover is the waterproof part that goes over the diaper.
This kit includes:
- 2 dozen Newborn orange edge prefolds (Why these? They are the perfect newborn diaper for the first 4-6 weeks and this is the backbone of your newborn diaper stash.)
- 1 dozen Novice light green edge prefolds (Why these? This dozen ensures that you have enough diapers and you don't run out during the newborn time yet these still fit through the size small time, too. New babies go through a lot of diapers in a day! Babies also grow quickly so when baby suddenly outgrows the newborn prefolds you have something that fits and you can get them on a new baby even though they'll be a bit big. Although newborn babies still get fed and changed during the night, sometimes babies do sleep a longer stretch and these diapers are bigger and more absorbent than the newborn orange edge so they are great for those times when you can go longer between changes.
- 1 dozen Small yellow edge prefold (so you have both choices of the "small" sizes - novice green and small yellow - on hand so you can decide which ones you want to go with for your next size.
- 1 individual Intermediate blue edge prefold
- 1 individual Medium red edge prefold (so you have both choices of the "medium" sizes - intermediate blue and medium red - on hand so you can decide which ones suit your baby's growth pattern when the time comes.
- 1 individual Large brown edge prefold (this is your washable changing pad and it will become your overnight diaper next year)
- 3 packs Cloth-eez Two-Sided Unbleached Wipes made of organic cotton, 12 wipes per pack which is 36 wipes. Some people might want to also buy a 4th pack separately.
- 1 FREE Cloth-eez Double Weave Muslin Swaddle Blanket made of organic cotton
- Diaper covers are NOT Included. You will need about 6 of those. Go to the Diapers Covers page to choose yours.
The free 16 page GMD How-To Wash Diapers Booklet is also included and a set of FREE GMD Slide Lock Diaper Pins
What is the difference between the kit with white prefolds and the kit with organic prefolds?
- The prefold fabric choice is different (white cotton vs. organically grown unbleached cotton)
- Different kind of wipes. This kit has unbleached two-sided wipes. The organic kit has the organic birdseye wipes.
- This kit has a dozen size small prefolds whereas the organic kit has a dozen size newbie prefolds, thus this kit runs bigger.
--- Why put the unbleached version of the two-sided wipes in the kit instead of the white two-sided wipes? The white version have woven terry and thus are thicker. The unbleached version have knit terry, which are still substantial wipes, but nicer for a tiny newborn baby.
Go to Organic kit.