Mama Koala 2.0 cloth diapers are designed to fit babies of all shapes and sizes, with 3x4 rise snaps and cross-over multiple waist snaps adjusting to fit 8-40 lbs. Has a tummy panel and hip snaps. That is one size that fits from birth to potty training. Waterproof and breathable TPU outer, improved design of tummy panel for stomach sleepers to "help" with leaks & accidents, super soft and stay-dry athletic wicking jersey inner somewhat protects baby from moisture.
Note from Karen: It can also be used as you would a diaper cover by laying a prefold diaper in it without stuffing. Or use it over a fitted or fastened diaper (Diaper = absorbency part or inner. Cover = waterproof part or outer). Just because it has a pocket does not mean you have to use the pocket section. AWJ is thin and it works like a regular diaper cover, however you'll need a fresh one more often since the AWJ will become damp sooner than the inside of a wipe-clean style cover would. Using a fresh cover often is nice to do.
Notes from Karen: Does this or any "one-size" really fit a newborn? Well, it can be done, but I really suggest newborn items for newborns, or at least the first size of a two-sized item, because everything that can fit a toddler is just "too much" for even a big brand new baby. All that extra snap down rise and fiddling to get the legs snug is possible, but not necessarily optimal. I find that one-size items really don't do the job well until baby is about 13 pounds or so. Opinions will vary, but if you are new to cloth diapers, having a one-size item as your first experience can be a bit much and sometimes can be discouraging. But babies grow quickly and one-size items will fit before you know it, so they can be a good purchase - but have reasonable expectations.
-Waterproof polyester with TPU Outer (TPU means thermoplastic urethane, same kind of waterproof material as all other diaper covers, pocket diapers, all-in-ones, etc. TPU is often called PUL, but technically TPU is the correct name but both mean the same thing)
- Stay-Dry AWJ Lining - (Athletic Wicking Jersey = AWJ) wicks away moisture & keeps baby dry
- Tummy Panel - helps keep those top leaks down to a minimum.
- Large Back Pocket Opening - where you can put in the absorbent insert
- Gentle Leg Elastics - contain messes & prevent leaks
- Crossover Snap Closures - for newborn fit which also works as a wrap and use the crossover snap feature for soiled diapers when out and about.
- Hip Snaps - prevent wing droop
- Adjustable Rise Snaps - one size (8-40 lbs.) with 3x4 rise snaps to customize for the perfect fit
- Wash and dry your diaper once in warm water (up to 40°C/104°F) with detergent prior to first use. Hang or tumble dry on low.
- Snap diaper rise to proper size setting.
- Select the proper insert (absorbency - sold separately) and put it in through the pocket opening, placing it inside the diaper. For overnight use, you may add extra absorbency into the pocket to increase absorbency.
- Fasten diaper on baby. Look to make sure there are no gaps around the baby's legs.
Diaper Outer: 100% Polyester with waterproof TPU layer
Diaper Inner: 100% Polyester
Made in China
Dandy-lion has a lion cub on bum and just green with white dandelion flowers on front.
Store your dirty diapers in a dry diaper pail, hamper or hanging wet bag. Do not store in a "wet pail" (i.e.. soaking in a bucket)
Do not soak your diapers in water, detergents, or additives. Soaking can damage the TPU (the waterproofing layer) and elastic of your diapers.